Saturday, September 1, 2012

St. Charles Borromeo Church


Saturday, September 1. In the bad old days before the Internet, we relied on the hotel front desk or the Yellow Pages for information on Sunday mass times. Sometimes we just drove around looking for a church. I knew weeks ago where the Catholic church in Whitefish was located, and we'd already decided to go to 5:00 o'clock mass, our usual time at home.


St. Charles Borromeo is a lively parish right downtown, conveniently located across from the Whitefish Liquor Store. The pastor as a good voice and he obviously likes to preach. And sing. The music group of three women was pretty good and they kept the hymns from dragging. All very uplifting and enjoyable as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.