Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jasper Tramway

Jasper Tramway
I felt a little deflated this morning, seeing that Jasper was enveloped in fog. We had breakfast at the dump and, wonderfully, the sun was beginning to break through the mist. We decided to take the Jasper Tramway, as planned.

View from the Summit - Jasper Tramway
Waited in line for 15 minutes or so, and we got boarding passes for the 10:54 "flight", a 7-minute ride with 25 other passengers squished into the tram. Taking photos on the way up was impossible, but fortunately the sky was relative clear when we got to the top of the hill. A rather primitive, icy boardwalk surrounds the tram landing. The glacial lakes below seemed far away, as did the city of Jasper. A highlight of our Jasper visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.