Monday, September 3, 2012

Good Morning, Alberta!

High River at Sunrise
I always feel proud when I see the Canadian flag, wherever I am. I feel compelled to tell the people around me, "That's my flag. I'm a Canadian". Yesterday I was a little teary as we crossed the border at Carway and were welcomed by bilingual notices and a large "Welcome to Alberta" sign.

Although I've lived in the US for nearly thirty years, I still follow Canadian news and, especially, politics. Last night I watched the CBC report on tomorrow's Québec election. Looking watching Canadian election returns Tuesday evening. Happy to be in Canada, though I kind of wish I were in  in Montréal on election night.

Today we woke to a another sparkling day, wondering about the thousands of birds we saw in the sky at dawn. I hope I can twist Bob's arm to visit the bird sanctuary in High River.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.